Sunday, September 16, 2012

God of Silence

There are days when we see you, God, in all that surrounds us----flowering gardens, gentle breezes, and the warmth of sunshine.




Other days, we walk without the awe of creation at all. Overpowering circumstances clutch us. Despair and fear make us blind to any grain of truth. Like being trapped inside a dark box, we grope for a way out. Bleakness is our food. We've forgotten how to smile, how to even praise with hope.

Although we long to be back in the sunshine, we are stumped because each day uncertainty blocks our steps.

On our bruised knees, we cry out. Why is there no answer, no respite from these tears of anguish? We look back on days gone by and wish for them.

Surely, you are working even in the silence. Surely, you will hear our cries for mercy, and we will be helped.

To you I call, O Lord, my Rock;
do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent,
I will be like those who have gone
down to the pit.

Hear my cry fo mercy
as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands
toward your Most Holy Place.


Psalm 28: 1-2 (NIV)

Speak to all our broken places.

No comments:

Post a Comment